We reserve the right to update these terms and conditions at any time.
Proceeding with a booking will be regarded as acceptance of our Terms & Conditions.
A 50% deposit of the reservation total, including any extras, is required via direct bank transfer, Visa, MasterCard, Amex or UnionPay to secure a booking, with the balance due on the morning of check-in. We also accept EFTPOS or cash for payment of balance at check-in, if arranged at least 7 days beforehand. We cannot accept cheques. For bookings made within 14 days* of check-in the full amount of the reservation will be charged. (*28 days for Christmas period)
In the event that Clarendon Cottages seeks to recover any outstanding costs or charges guests are required to indemnify Clarendon Cottages Sassafras for all and any fees, costs (including legal costs on a solicitor client basis) and charges associated with that recovery.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
Bookings may be cancelled, as follows:
- 28 days+ prior to your check-in date, full refund.
- Less than 28 days but more than 14 days (excluding Christmas period) before the check-in date, full refund less a $50 administration fee.
- Less than 14 days but more than 7 days (excluding Christmas period) before the check-in date, the deposit paid will be forfeited.
- Less than 7 days before the check-in date, the full amount is payable and any balance due will be charged to your credit card.
- Over the Christmas period, cancellations made less than 28 days but more than 14 days prior to your check-in date will forfeit the deposit paid. Cancellations made less than 14 days prior to your check-in date will have the full amount payable and any balance due will be charged to your credit card.
In the event that the deposit or full amount is forfeited due to cancellation, we will endeavour to re-book the cottage and if successful, we will provide a credit voucher towards a future stay for the amount collected from the re-booking less fees (e.g. booking commissions and discounts) plus a $50 administration fee.
The credit voucher provided will be valid for a maximum of 1 year from the date of the original stay.
Bookings may be transferred to another date (dependent on availability), as follows:
- Arranged 28 days+ prior to your check-in date, no charge (valid for one transfer only).
- Less than 28 days but more than 14 days (excluding Christmas period) before the check-in date or for any subsequent transfers, a $50 administration fee applies.
- Less than 14 days before the check-in date, transfers cannot be made and the booking will need to be cancelled as per the above policy and then rebooked for the desired date.
- Over the Christmas period, transfers cannot be made less than 28 days before the check-in date.
Failure to arrive or cancellation after arrival, the full amount of the booking is payable and any remaining balance will be charged to your credit card.
Communication with respect to cancellation or transfers must be confirmed in writing (email or letter) and must be acknowledged by us in writing.
Travel insurance is recommended for cancellation coverage.
Check-in and Check-out Policy
Standard check-in is from 2:00pm to 9:00pm unless otherwise arranged and agreed in writing.
An early check-in of up to 1 hour may be available by prior arrangement. A fee of $30 applies.
Checkout is by 11:00am unless otherwise agreed in writing.
A late checkout of up to 1 hour may be available by prior arrangement. A fee of $30 applies.
An unapproved late check-out may incur penalty charges: More than 15 minutes and up to one hour $50, over 1 hour a full day tariff may be charged.
Additional Guests Policy
No non-paying guests are either allowed on site or allowed to use the facilities of our cottages or our property under any circumstances without prior arrangement and agreement. We do not accept parties of any kind. We reserve the right to cancel any booking if guests do not comply with our Terms & Conditions. Thank you for your consideration.
Wedding Groups Policy
We do not operate as a party or wedding venue but are very happy to welcome the bride & groom for their honeymoon stay or bride and bridesmaids and groom and groomsmen for wedding preparations.
Bridal parties must contact Clarendon Management to discuss suitability of arrangements prior to booking. We do not accept ‘hens’ or ‘bucks’ parties under any circumstances.
We are sorry but out of consideration for other guests, pets cannot be accommodated.
Damages and Cleaning Policy
We reserve the right to charge your credit card or to claim from you any costs incurred due to damages made during your stay. Additional cleaning costs required due to the property being left in a poor condition will be charged at a rate of $75 per hour. (We would appreciate you washing your dishes – thanks)
Gift Certificates Policy
Gift certificates may only be used by the recipients and are not refundable (in part or full) or redeemable for cash. Period of validity is 36 months from date of issue. Once a check-in date is arranged, the Transfer Policy shown above applies.
Candles, Smoking & Incense Policy
The lighting of candles and the smoke from cigarettes/cigars/pipes/electronic devices or from the burning of incense is not permitted inside any building. Candles and smoke represent a major risk of fire/damage to surfaces and fabrics. Table lamps, dimmer switches and battery operated candles are provided for mood lighting.
If there is damage or evidence of burning candles or contamination by smoke from inside or outside smoking, you will be liable for an additional charge, which will equate to the sum of:
- The daily tariff for the days or part days that the room or cottage is unavailable for other guests due to the effects of smoke contamination and damage.
- The cost of finding alternative accommodation for subsequent guests as a result of the cottage being unavailable.
- The cost of cleaning, repairing or replacing any item damaged by the effects of smoking or the burning of candles, incense or other substances. This may include the cost of additional cleaning, laundering of furnishings, blinds or other fabrics and the replacement of damaged items.
The minimum charge for either the burning of candles or for smoke contamination of a cottage is $300.
Bushfire or Other Emergencies Policy
Clarendon Cottages will accept a cancellation by you for days with an actual or predicted Fire Danger Rating of ‘Catastrophic’ or ‘Extreme’ for the Central District (Refer www.cfa.vic.gov.au). You must notify us of your intention to cancel stating that this is your reason for cancelling and it must be acknowledged by us. Under these circumstances we will refund in full any deposits already paid by you for that unused accommodation.
We reserve the right to close our operations and in effect cancel your booking with us in the rare event that we deem it necessary for your safety or because of an inability to operate due to circumstances beyond our control. This may include significant bush fire danger, road closures, an extended power, water or gas outage or damage to your booked accommodation due to storms or other circumstances. In this instance we will give you as much notice as possible and provide you with assistance in securing alternative accommodation. At our discretion we will either credit or refund in full any deposits already paid by you for that unused accommodation.
Clarendon Cottages collects information required for booking a cottage, collecting payment and/or communicating with guests regarding their booking or enquiry. Information provided is stored in our booking system and is not used for purposes other than your accommodation booking. We do not provide your information to other organisations except as required for fulfilling bookings or collecting payments.
Google Analytics is used to collect traffic data to improve our website.
This data is stored on Google servers and not our website. Google compiles demographic statistics, which we cannot identify individually to a user.
And click the option to “Manage Privacy”